Welcome

Hello Lovers! Thanks for taking the time to check out my Blog!! I am so happy to have the opportunity to share with you a piece of me. I hope you enjoy your time spent here and leave me a comment..or two :)

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Best Kept Secrets

Where to get the best shoes from is like sharing your great grandmother's recipe ..it's just something most people will keep to themselves..and only share with the people most closest to them if that.

Welcome to my inner circle of friends. Today I will be sharing with you all the best websites to purchase shoes from online and the quality of service I have received from the websites I've purchased from. 

www.NastyGal.com this website is definitely my favorite. It is the website I site stalk everyday to see if they put out any new shoes or clothes. In my opinion, they have the best selection of both unique clothes and shoes. They can be a bit pricey, but with fashion that can be expected sometimes. The quality of service from this website is also superb. Not only do they keep you updated throughout the shipping process, they send it nicely packaged enclosed with a thank you note inside. The billing process with them is a bit tricky. They will charge you when you purchase it by putting a hold on your account to ensure the funds are available for the item that your purchased. Then after it ships they will withdraw the money from your account. SO if you notice that your item was shipped and your money is still in your account don't be alarmed (or excited thinking they slipped up and sent it for free) they will be withdrawing the money after it ships. You are not going to be double-charged. Personally I like this billing technique by NastyGal because I can have the money in my account for the shoes on Tuesday when I purchase it but they may not actually take it out til Friday.. so I know I have time in between to build my money back from what I spent. Hope I'm not confusing you all. I've made multiple purchases from this site. 

www.Jildorshoes.com I purchased my Jeffrey Campbell Spikes from this website. I must admit the service with this website from my personal experience was a bit rocky but in the end all's well that end's well because I got my shoes. The story with them is I purchased the shoes, received a confirmation email from them, then shortly after I received an email saying that the shoe I purchased was out of stock and they would refund my money, then shortly after that I received a third email stating that the shoes were in stock but they didn't receive my credit card information....upon checking my account and seeing that the funds had already been withdrawn..I emailed them back and told them they had already charged me. And the next day literally the shoes were on my doorstep. Maybe it was the holiday chaos that had them so confused but I won't fault them for that. I would definitely order from them again. They are located in New York, so the shoes came to my house extremely fast, which I loved. This store also has some of the best packaging I've seen. The box, is not an ordinary brown box, it is white with Jildor printed in blue all over and the shipping tape had their brand on it as well. It was very nice. I appreciate when companies do small things like that. The shoes within the box was also very nicely packaged. I was very pleased with my purchase from them. Despite the misunderstandings, I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great shoe. They have quite a large variety of a lot of shoe brands from Tory Burch and Sam Edelman to Jeffrey Campbell shoes.


www.UrbanOutfitters.com In the beginning I was almost as in love with this website as I was with NastyGal until I made a purchase. The first thing that I didn't like was the tracking email they sent me. With NastyGal you clink on the link in the email and you're automatically seeing where your shoes are. However, with UO the email they send you is just a basic link and when you get to the site you have to manually type (or copy & paste) the tracking number in. This in itself was not a major problem however still to me took away from the overally quality of service in comparison to other companies. Once the shoes arrived at my home I noticed that the box the shipped it in was very large. When I opened it the shoe box inside was open and one of the Cosmic Litas had fallen out. I was very upset with this for 2 obvious reasons, #1 being that UO charges more for their shoes/clothes on their website than most other websites do so they should be able to take the time to properly ship the items out. #2 being their was no thank you note inside :( ...Aside from the poor shipping that they have--they are also overpriced on most of their clothes and shoes. For the same pair of shoes you'd find on Nasty Gal for 170.oo you would find on UO for 185.00. I don't mind shopping at UO, it just remains to be my last resort.


www.Nordstrom.com if you haven't shopped here then what are you waiting for? Their name speaks for themselves and they have always lived up to the standard of service they have set. This is one of my favorite places for shopping for shoes for both myself and my daughter


The following websites I have not purchased from yet but I love their shoe/clothes selections..if you have purchased from them please feel free to leave a comment below of your personal experience....this list grows daily, I'll always update you if I find a new great website to add to the list.


www.Singer22.com - is pricey but has a great selection of fashionable clothes/shoes!! ..You know a website is pricey when it only has coupons for orders of $500.00 or more lol.


www.RevolveClothing.com - I must admit I only check out this site when every other site is sold out of a particular item I'm searching for. They are a bit on the pricey side but they do have a large variety of Jeffrey Campbell Shoes and some great clothes.


www.ShopRuche.com -has some really great clothes shoes with more of a retro feel to it


www.ModCloth.com - I love this site, it screams RONI! (my fellow fashionista) Everything I see on this site reminds me of her....check out her blog here! .. I love many of the dresses and shoes they offer!! It definitely is on my daily list of sites I check up on.


www.EnviShoes.com -have some great exclusive pairs of Jeffrey Campbell shoes as well as many other great brands. Check them out!!


www.Eilatan.com -have some great deals on shoes! Check out those low prices, they also do a lot of exclusives with Jeffrey Campbell that most other sites don't offer, which makes them extra special in my book.


www.Lulus.com - has the best selection I've seen on any website for shoes under $100.00, They also sell Jeffrey Campbell shoes at a great price.


www.Solestruck.com -this website is quickly rising to the top of my list! Right alongside NastyGal! For me what makes this shoe website standout from all the rest is not only all of the amazing brands they carry but the prices are some of the most reasonable you'll find!! I also love that if a shoe is out of stock you can request to be notified when it comes back in stock, and they actually notify you!! ...I've requested on various sites to be notified if a shoe comes back in stock but either it never does or they just don't notify me..but Solestruck restocks daily :) and it's best to ask for that notification because they sell out pretty quick! .............Actually just last night I made a purchase from them because they sent me a notification that a shoe (I'd been searching for since October) had been restocked, yay!!!!!!! *Big hugs to Solestruck* I highly recommend this website to all shoe lovers!

www.KarmaLoop.com - I like this website because they have something for everyone. No matter what your personal style is you're sure to find an item you love on this site. They cater more to urban edgier styles but I love it. If you haven't checked them out yet, you must! Go ahead, click the link!! :)



2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm actually checking out a couple websites you mentioned as far as shoes goes, because I never heard of them before. Thank you, friend. ♥
    Also, thanks for the cute shout out!! AGAIN. :D
    My two back to back sources for clothes are ModCloth and Ruche, with MC being the one that I shop at like 90% of the time. I love how if MC doesn't have my size in a certain dress, there's a good chance Ruche will carry it soon and for about $14 cheaper!! Score! So I'm always back and forth between the two. Ruche is definitely much cheaper all around so I'm always stalking that daily as well. Lulu's is absolutely great, too. I find cool shoes for very low prices and I haven't had any complaints. :)
    I'm so loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I know I wish I had a list to sort through when I began searching for shoes, so when I formed my own I had to share :):) ...yes I think I found out about Ruche through your blog, they have some really great dresses on there..and some cute shoes too!! ..and alot of things in ModCloth are on my dreamlist. I love how whimsical, timeless, and classic a lot of the things that they offer are..but that's good to know that Ruche sells cheaper versions of some of the clothes modcloth has. Thanks Roni!!! :):)..and I love LuLus too, have you ordered from there? How did you like the service from ordering from Ruche, ModCloth, and Lulus?

    ReplyDelete